Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

Let's start with the basics: Everyone is alive and well. Some days I might even classify us as thriving! But not all days because, you know, we're normal people.

I don't really have a reason as to why it's been 5 months since I last blogged. It's not as if I haven't had anything to say. Nothing major has happened, however. Just raising a beautiful baby girl. I'm currently up to my neck in sleep training and introducing solid foods. My world is pretty small. I love it! I even love the not-so-fun parts. I have my moments but I really try to take a deep breath and praise God to the tips of my toes for blessing me with these "problems."

I, we, couldn't be more in love with our little Sunshine! That's what I'm going to call her on the blog. Her name means "ray of light" so it seems like a reasonable pseudonym. She is certainly a ray of light in my life!

After such a long hiatus, you would think I'd have plenty to say but I don't right now. Just wanted to (briefly) check in but I'll be back soon. I'm working on a 6-month post which will include pictures from every birthday except 3 months because we forgot that one. Oops. You can be assured I will be working on this post because I have 2 papers to edit. My best blogging is when I should be reading/writing something else.

I missed you guys! Hope you're all well...

5 comments:

N said...

And we've missed you! Glad to hear all is well. :D

AKD said...

I was glad to see you poke your head out on Facebook, too! Had hoped to read one of your blogs soon!

Rachel said...

Definitely looking forward to photos and more updates!

So very, very not ready for solids yet but I suppose we can't put it off forever.

Searching said...

So glad things are going smoothly!! GL with your papers!

The Gutsy Mom said...

And a great cheer went up throughout all the world! Welcome back to the blogosphere. I was going to email you and say "I've got Sunshine's "Sophie" and I won't mail it back to her until you post on your blog." Then I thought that wouldn't be fair to Sunshine. Then you posted. You can expect a package. :)