Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Officially Incompetent

I no longer have a cerclage! The best news about that? It didn't hurt too bad which was especially wonderful since I dropped off TOIAW at school and drove to the hospital myself. In all the times I've been to the hospital and doctors' appointments, today was the first time I drove but I only made a few wrong turns ; )

So immediately after the stitches were cut, I dilated to 2cm and I was already 50% effaced. Since I dilated so quickly, it looks like I have officially earned an incompetent cervix diagnosis. I had to walk around for a while afterwards (and visit my favorite nurses on the ante partum floor) and then have another manual exam before I was able to go home just to make sure I didn't dilate more. I didn't but I was a little more effaced. She doesn't think I will dilate more without contracting (which I really don't do and that kind of freaks me out). She also thinks I have 2 more weeks at the most. I only need a few more days to finish everything I want to have done before she makes her debut and then she's welcome to come at anytime she wants. But let's be clear: NOT TONIGHT!!! We are having yet another snow storm and our car is in the shop so we have a teeny tiny rental that will barely make it into our garage with 1/2" of snow on the driveway.

I'm super tired after my eventful day. I just wanted to write a quick update. Oh, and I guess I should also mention that she weighs approximately 5 lbs., 10 oz.! She's a moose!

7 comments:

N said...

Wow! Congratulations on making it so far, you've done such an amazing job. <3 Can't wait for you to meet your little girl!

Michele said...

Great news!!!

Rachel said...

I am so impressed that you braved that all alone. Here's to hoping you get at least another night at home. I do hope that in addition to all the chores you've planned for the next few days, you will try to get your dear husband to take you out on a date or plan a special evening at home.

Nick and Kristi said...

This is wonderful news...I follow you and I cant believe how far you have come...God is Good:) Take Care and have fun nesting:)

AKD said...

I am so amazed you did that all on your own, lady! I have a permanent cerclage (Shirodkar), so I never had to worry about the removal. Stay put, little girl! Let mommy get some stuff done!

MrsH said...

were you having doubts about your diagnosis? that made me laugh. You will have such an easy labour, I know with my IC the contractions were not bad at all and I went from 5 to 10 in one hour.

The Gutsy Mom said...

Happy you're still holding on, incompetent cervix or no. But I'm getting really, really excited to welcome your daughter into the world!