Friday, January 14, 2011

The M Word

TOIAW just informed me he has received his next assignment. It's a short course (3-4 months) that will begin next January. It's somewhere in Virginia although I don't recall exactly where. We have 355 days before the course begins it's just that I HATE to be reminded that we move more often than people running from the law.

I'm truly dreading finding out where we will go after the aforementioned course. There is a 50% chance we'll go to a Mystery Country (which I'm pretty sure is TOIAW's first choice even though he admits it might not be best for his career) after a stop in D.C. for another course. The other 50% chance would be either D.C. or Germany and both would be nice although D.C. would be nicer, I think. Why am I already worried/upset about this? It's completely out of my control and, as I've seen time and time again, God is always in the details and provides wonderfully for me even when I kick and scream and throw temper tantrums.

On one hand I say what I really want is to live in one place for 2-3 years, but really I want to live in a place of my choosing for 2-3 years. I would really like to blame this on the hormones but history would suggest otherwise. Darn it.

2 comments:

AKD said...

Oh, Rachel, I don't blame you at all for being frustrated! I'd be a wreck after moving so often - I'm a huge creature of habit! I hope that your destination is a wonderful one (hoping for D.C.)!

The Gutsy Mom said...

Darlin', you're just putting into words what all of us feel. You shouldn't feel bad about it at all. We've been lucky--so far--to only move every 2 to 3 years, and still I find it exhausting. I long for longer assignments, too. I hope you get DC!