Friday, January 21, 2011

35w1d

I have approximately 64 personal emails I should be writing but instead I'm going to blog. You're welcome. Actually, I have housework I should be doing before I spend time on the computer but that's another issue entirely.

Last night we attended a birthing class. It was very helpful and informative. I realized there are actual physiological reasons why my back is killing me and I'm so tired and out of breath all the time; I'm not sure any of those things registered with TOIAW. Not that he is pushing me to do anything but sometimes I don't think he realizes how draining it is for me just to make dinner and clean up afterwards. I don't anticipate this changing after the baby is here either. He means well, I know he does, but I think he thinks he paid his dues while I was on bed rest and this semester he's all about focusing on school which includes classes as well as attending various seminars and special events. Admittedly, there is an impressive list of visiting speakers nearly every week but sometimes you have to make choices based on time management. Sorry, I didn't intend for this to be about bashing TOIAW. He's been wonderful throughout this pregnancy. I'm a little frustrated with him currently because he's working on a paper that needs to be done sooner rather than later yet it seems that he's spending a great deal of time in his office looking at our taxes, researching rare books, or any number of other non-paper related topics. Normally I wouldn't care that much but he still needs to pick-up the baby furniture (and assemble the crib although I know we won't use that for quite some time) and I'm at a stand still with the nursery until we have the furniture. I'm trying not to bug him about it but we're getting down to crunch time!

My doctor is going to remove the cerclage Wednesday (TOIAW has class that day so he's just going to drop me off--I find this amusing for some reason) and one of three things could happen: 1) I could go into labor immediately (not very likely) 2) I could go into labor within 1-2 weeks of removal (most likely) 3) I could go to full term and possibly require an induction (somewhat likely). I'm hoping for option 2 but I want everything to be ready by Wednesday just in case! So I made a long list of things I want/need to do before then and I'm tired just looking at it which, I suppose, is why I'm blogging. It is doable, though, especially if I don't have to go out and run errands because that's what really seems to take it out of me.

So I guess it's time to begin tackling the list. It's by no means instinctual so I certainly don't think it can be considered nesting--by the way, thank you to everyone who made me feel better about not nesting!--but it needs to be done. Do you think I have time to buy a steam cleaner and clean the carpets?

4 comments:

N said...

WOW. I'm so happy you've made it this far! Excited for the removal on Wednesday. :D

The Gutsy Mom said...

You certainly have time to call someone else to come steam clean your carpets FOR you. Just sayin'... Wednesday will be very exciting indeed! Am staying tuned.

MrsH said...

Congratulations to making it this far! I gave you an award on my blog.

AKD said...

When I think of 20 weeks ago... I adore this post!