Saturday, November 27, 2010

Who's in charge here anyway?

My scan on Wednesday exceeded my hopes and prayers! The baby is in the 28th percentile in growth and my fluid levels were in the normal range. Low normal but still normal! The nurse who did the scan was amazed at the difference she saw between Friday and Wednesday and she measured the baby several times because she really couldn't believe how much growth there was in 2 weeks. I was am so excited; I finally believe we're going to take a baby home with us. I'm in awe.


Unfortunately, as precious as this little girl is, she is beginning to present with some behavioral issues. Namely, she will not allow me to sleep on my side which, as a stomach sleeper, is already a compromise on my part. I can get by with it for about 5 minutes and then the kicking begins. It makes for a long night because I can get to sleep but I can't stay asleep since I'm not comfortable. If I weren't in a hospital bed that can be manipulated, I probably wouldn't sleep at all. And then there's her championship bladder kicking skills...I don't think I need to spell it out for you but let's just say I give in to those really quickly. Of course I'm thrilled she is an active baby who loves to move I just wish she would do that sans attitude, you know?

6 comments:

rebecca said...

So glad to hear more good news! That is definitely rough though with the sleeping, hope you're able to get some rest and find a comfortable sleeping position soon!

Soapchick said...

Yippeee for great news. You are doing so great Rachel. Sorry for the lack of sleep, but it will be all worth it when you hold her in your arms!

N said...

YAYAYAY for growth! That's amazing! And I'm sorry you're not sleeping, but not for the reason! :D

Searching said...

Wow- what an awesome jump in growth!!! ESP w/her burning all those calories doing gymnastics. Pretty impressive!

AKD said...

I am just beaming - what awesome news!! I've been thinking of you all weekend, and am so glad to hear this!

Jennifer L said...

Yes! Glad to hear the good news! And I love your sweet little girl is active> mine was too and it is surely a sign of her personality!