Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

It's November 23 and I'm still pregnant! I'm not sure I've ever had more occasion for thanks than I do this year! If I get a slice of pumpkin pie, it's going to put me over the edge!!!

Sorry I haven't written much. If it makes you feel better, I have a long list of emails to write and phone calls to make so it's not just the blog. My days are actually a lot busier than you might think. Between monitoring, doctors' rounds, ultrasounds, and the antepartum "mix and mingle" group, there isn't a lot of idle time during the day. The nurses are also very sweet about coming by to chat and keep you company. When I'm home alone with the baby, I'm going to miss all this socialization!

Yesterday I had a great ultrasound! The doctor who pretty much never says anything positive said that the fluid level looks better than she's ever seen it which was really encouraging. [On a side note, she and I are getting to be BFFs, I think.] Tomorrow she will repeat the growth scan and plug all the numbers into the formula to calculate the baby's weight. I'm a little anxious, but not too bad. Even if there is zero growth, they will not deliver me at this point unless the baby is in distress and she certainly doesn't seem to be. I will be very surprised if tomorrow's scan doesn't show at least some growth because those kicks and rolls feel a lot stronger to me! The bottom line is even if there are placental issues, the baby is still developing and the best place for her to develop--based on what we know now--is right where she is. Thursday is 27 weeks; can you believe it?!

Thank you for all the furniture ideas and tips. I check craigslist regularly but never seem to find anything good there; some cities are better about that than others. As you might remember, Botson's craigslist is more infamous than anything else. I'm still pretty sure we won't buy anything until I can go look for myself but I think we have what we need to be able to care for her when she comes home which, no matter when she is born, won't be until February. At some point, we're probably also going to need to decide on a car seat/stroller combo so we can actually take her home and a name might be helpful as well.

For now, however, I'm going to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I am so very, very thankful that you are hanging in there with the bedrest. Hoping your little girl stays put for a good while.

MFA Mama said...

Oh, this post made my DAY! I'm so very pleased for you :) I've been reading you for ages and it makes me so happy to see you getting further and further into viability!

Marie W said...

Only a few days away! I am so happy to hear good news from you!

N said...

27 weeks on Thursday - something to be very very thankful for, I think! I am thankful for it for you, so so so happy. I think of you every day. <3

Searching said...

wow- amazing, isn't it? Good job and I'm so thankful you have so much to be thankful for this year!

rebecca said...

SO good to hear from you and to hear things are going so well!!! Happy Thanksgiving indeed, hope things continue to go well and you continue to receive positive news!

tasivfer said...

Fingers crossed for a great growth scan!!

Michele said...

happy thanksgiving and WOO HOO for 27 weeks!!!

AKD said...

I am very, very thankful you are still pregnant, too! You're still in my prayers every day! I can't wait to hear about the scan!

We've got the Chicco Discovery stroller/carseat combo, and we love it. We'll be bumping A up to a Britax Boulevard in a couple of months here, though, as a convertible seat.

AKD said...

I am very, very thankful you are still pregnant, too! You're still in my prayers every day! I can't wait to hear about the scan!

We've got the Chicco Discovery stroller/carseat combo, and we love it. We'll be bumping A up to a Britax Boulevard in a couple of months here, though, as a convertible seat.

The Gutsy Mom said...

I am so thankful you are still preggers, too! 27 weeks -- this is fantastic. I could write a dissertation on the topic of carseat and stroller choices, but I think it might be best for you to focus on a name. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)