Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Hungry

The title of the post has nothing to do with the content but I couldn't think of a title and I'm really hungry at the moment so there you go. I'm hoping my food arrives soon.

So the ultrasounds on Friday and today show that the fluid level is stable. I was praying for a dramatic and miraculous increase but I'll take steady. As long as things remain steady, no decisions will be made until the next time they "weigh" the baby which will be a week from Wednesday. She continues to look good during her monitoring and it's so fun to hear her heartbeat for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Honestly, I think it's better than the ultrasounds.

The other big news of the day is that I ordered a Moses basket! Not terribly exciting for most people but it's a big step for me. I finally found an organic one I like and it was on sale so I bought it. I also want to have a dresser/changing table and some kind of rocker before she comes home but I don't know if that's going to happen. I struggle between the balance of quality and price. If I knew for certain that spending more would mean the pieces would last longer, I wouldn't hesitate but I'm just not so sure. Any thoughts?

My food just arrived so it's goodbye for now. I hope it tastes better than it looks. It doesn't really matter though because I'm going to eat it no matter what.

9 comments:

rebecca said...

So glad to hear you and baby are doing well and holding steady! Hope the food was alright, thinking of you guys and sending love!

Nick and Kristi said...

I got my dresser/changer used on Craigslist:) I got a high priced piece of furniture at a great deal:)

Rachel said...

I am so glad that everything is holding steady and it looks like you will make it until at least Wednesday. No advice on the furniture. I got everything off craigslist because when we move I want to be able to leave it behind without feeling too attached.

N said...

Can I pull out "slow and steady wins the race"? No? Well, too late. <3

Hope the food was decent!

Jennifer L said...

Love that things are steady. Continue to stay put baby girl ;) As for furniture Mark and I splurged. I love the stuff (got it off cribs.com). As for a rocker? How about a recliner? Nice leather and comfy? You can use it after a bit easier. We have a Penn State rocking chair from Cracker Barrell and I love it.

AKD said...

I am going to keep you in my prayers!

We got our crib (which we have never used) and our changing table/dresser at Babies R Us. It's the Bergamo Americana collection - pretty good quality, and not as expensive as some stuff.

We skipped a glider, and have an old-fashioned rocker that my MIL and husband's siblings got us for our wedding (we were thinking ahead then). It's a beautiful, sturdy piece from the local furniture store, and we'll keep it for forever. I hope you find something you like!

MrsH said...

When I was in the hospital I used to have facebook contests of "guess what this is" and post a picture of the food. Try it, it is endless fun.

Circus Princess said...

Every time I swing by and find you're still on bedrest and baby girl is hanging on it makes me so happy! YAY for getting a bed and that you're now in week 26+!

The Gutsy Mom said...

Ah, furniture. An endless diversion. We bought a pretty simple crib and glider off a friend for cheap (she originally got them at Babies R Us, I think) and we bought a dresser/changing table thing at Babies R Us on sale--not my first choice, but an excellent compromise. All of these items, so far, have survived moves from WA to GE to KS and are holding up well. I agree that quality is more important than price, so if you can--eventually--see and touch the items before you buy, it helps. Or you can read online reviews till kingdom come, a task at which I know you excel. Hugs!