Friday, October 22, 2010

Steady-ish?

Yesterday's appointments went pretty well. First I had a cervical check, which showed maybe a slight shortening from last week but I'm not open beyond the stitch (praise the Lord!). It's difficult to get an accurate measurement when it's always a different person performing the ultrasound and you would think that in a small office that wouldn't happen but different nurses work different days and sometimes the doctor does it himself so there is some margin for error. So last week my cervix was 1.6 cm and this week it was 1 cm which seems like a big difference to me--especially for just one week--but no one said anything (except my OB but I'll get there in a minute). TOIAW says it's been at 1 cm before and we already know it changes so I'm trying my best to hang in there and not freak out and think about thinning and softening and the like...

We briefly spoke to the MFM before he went down to confer with my OB. I will see him on Wednesday next week and the following Wednesday I will see him and then go to the hospital for admission because that's the day my OB is on call. We had a pretty short appointment with her but she was the only one who pointed out that the difference between last week and this week. Maybe no one else said anything because there isn't much point? I don't know.

Of course last night I had quite a bit of discomfort/pain that bothered me but I'm kind of getting used to it. It goes away when I sleep and it's here and there today but nothing like yesterday. I'm not sure if it's all the activity or the exam or both but it often happens on appointment days. I only have to hold out for 11 more days and then I get 2 ultrasounds a week and they'll travel to me...how awesome is that?

I've enjoyed having my brother's family here this week for their yummy food and even better company/entertainment so I'll be sad for them to leave tomorrow. It's going to be so quiet! We then have about a week on our own before my aunt and cousins arrive and they will stay until I'm admitted...or should I say committed?

4 comments:

Soapchick said...

Happy to hear that you are hanging in there Rachel. I think you are doing great, and steady is good. I'm so glad you've had some company and will have some more company soon. One question - are you on medicine to prevent blood clots, or do you do leg exercises every day? Just wondering because I know those are a risk with bed rest. Hugs Rach and keep on keeping on! God Bless you.

N said...

I'm glad you have some kind of distraction right now. Hoping the next few weeks pass quickly for you, and that you remain "steady-ish" as long as possible. <3

AKD said...

I have been praying for you! I'm so glad to hear that you're so close to hospital bed rest - I can't wait until you're under total observation!

justine said...

Sending you all kinds of good thoughts ... hang in there! You're doing great ... one day at a time.