Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Moving On Up

My doctor's appointment, that it. I wasn't scheduled to meet my new doctors until next Friday. I had tried to get an appointment earlier in the week but with Labor Day and Rosh Hashanah, it was a crazy week for them. I figured I could just deal with it even though I was used to weekly appointments and they expected me to go nearly 3 weeks before seeing my baby/being reassured that things are still growing nicely in there. I didn't make it, though. Last night I had dull cramping all night and now I feel some pressure/pain way down there which isn't new but it won't seem to go away so I thought I would call and see if I could move up my appointment. Now I'm going on Friday afternoon right about the time the hurricane will be visiting the area. Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend combined with hurricane rain and winds should make for awesome driving conditions. A normal person would wait until next week. I am not normal.

What do you think my doctor will say when I ask him why it feels like someone wearing pointy steel-toed boots kicked me in the crotch and even when I "lay down" as the Internets suggest, it still takes quite some time for the pain to subside? And why is it that when I get up to do go to the bathroom or let the dogs in/out, it begins to feel better but if I am in the sitting position for more than 5 minutes, I'm searching the house for a ghost wearing those darn boots? How long do you think it will take him to find a red marker and write "CRAZY" on my file?

1 comment:

AKD said...

Alice kicked me directly in the cervix for forever - I hope you don't get too much of that. I hope you feel better - and who cares what the doctors think! :)