Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Still Here. Still Sick.

I can tell I'm beginning to feel better some times of the day but afternoons continue to be very rough. I've all but given up on the medication because it doesn't seem to make a difference (I've done comparison days). No matter what I do, I still vomit 1-2 times a day. Some days more...much more. Again, not complaining (right now, at least), just letting you know why I'm so uncharacteristically quiet. I try my best not to feel sorry for myself. If I do, it usually ends in a I-miss-Sarah-and-my-dad meltdown.

There is a family friend who has been sick since right after my dad died. He was in the hospital for 6+ weeks due to colon issues and ended up having surgery which resulted in complications including pneumonia and an infection that was diagnosed as MRSA a couple of weeks ago. He's lost over 60lbs. In short, he's been through hell. I often think of him when I'm feeling bad and that often leads me to think of people who face pain/illness every day for years. It reminds me of one of my favorite Psalms:

Psalm 121

I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip--
He who watches over you will not slumber;

Indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you--
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;

The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm--
He will watch over your life;

The Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

5 comments:

AKD said...

I continue to pray for you daily - what a perfect Psalm.

Nick and Kristi said...

I guess the sickness is a sign of healthy pregnancy....:) I just hope you get past it soon:)

偉曹琬 said...

謝謝大大分享!!經典!~(。・ω・)............................................................

偉曹琬 said...

thanks god for the chance to enjoy so many good artical...................................................................

The Gutsy Mom said...

Here's hoping the nausea is gone soon, and serious kudos to you for finding strength in a psalm to help with those rough times that are NOT caused by nausea. Love you!