Thursday, August 12, 2010

NT Scan

On Monday I had a little spotting so I called my doctor's office and was able to move my appointment from Thursday to Tuesday. The spotting turned out--thankfully--to be just a tiny bit but I was happy to have an earlier appointment.

Baby looked great on the ultrasound...just moving and grooving and doing his/her thing! Actually, the ultrasound tech gave us her best gender guess but the doctor said it was too early for him to tell so I won't be making any announcements just yet. Anyway, the nuchal fold measurement is within the normal range and we saw two arms and two legs and although she mentioned a few other things I cannot remember them (although two brain hemispheres and bladder do come to mind now that I think about it). We have the ultrasound on DVD so if you're in our neck of the woods and want to stop by, we'll throw it on. Ultrasound DVDs are the new vacation photo slide shows.

So the cerclage is scheduled for Saturday morning at 8:00. I have to be there at 6:00--yikes! For those of you who know what this means, my doctor does a McDonald cerclage with spinal anesthesia. I hadn't really thought much about it until last night when I began Googling it right before bed and then I got a little freaked out. [Angie, I will be emailing you with some questions!] But I do feel better that I'm having a preventative cerclage rather than an emergent one and the risk of infection is much lower now than if I had one earlier.

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned that TOIAW is here! He got in Sunday much to my and the dogs' delight! I've been sick every day since he's been here but--with the exception of yesterday--I've been able to get out and do some things. I don't think he's developed a complete understanding of how I'm feeling but he seems to be a bit more sympathetic. Tonight he's planned a romantic (ha!) evening at the hotel where we got married.

4 comments:

N said...

HURRAH for him getting there! (hi!) And double HURRAH for the bleeding being okay-ish, triple HURRAH for the n/t measurements being good and quadruple HURRAH for a date being set for the cerclage. Preventative definitely the way to go, and I'll be thinking of you. ♥

AKD said...

I am totally here for questions!! I had a Shirodkar, but studied the McDonald a whole heck of a lot. You're going to do great with it - the big thing is just to make sure to relax for a few days, and that it IS normal to spot and have some pain for a bit after it. Please send me as many as you have, I'm so happy to answer them! If I'm typing on my phone, please forgive typos!

YAY for your husband being there! You have to be so thrilled to be able to share in some time with him, especially such big appointments! HUGS!

幸家陳瑋齊 said...

來打聲招呼-大家好!!!..................................................

孟謝謝謝凱謝謝謝謝 said...

百發百中不是一試就成的。..................................................