Sunday, August 15, 2010

Baby Gates, Injuries, and Moving

I'm 2 days post-cerclage and feeling great! The IV and the numbing medication for the spinal were the worst parts with the former being far worse than the latter and I have 5 bruises to prove it. TOIAW refers to the cerclage as a baby gate. I hope it keeps the little one in there for another 35ish weeks ;)

I did NOT like the spinal anesthesia AT ALL--hated the lack of feeling, hated how long it took for my lower body to "wake-up," and I especially hated the shivering that came along with it. The actual cerclage, however, went very well (from what they tell me) and that's the most important thing now, isn't it? I had some cramping the rest of the day Saturday but the spotting was minimal to say the least. All in all, it was FAR better than I anticipated and I am so grateful for that!

Unfortunately, TOIAW is not faring so well with health issues. He arrived in Oklahoma with a stiff neck that pretty much stayed the same all week until it begain migrating down his back the past couple of days. He's in pain which is impeding his sleep so you can imagine how less than thrilled I am about him leaving today to drive to Boston. With my dogs. Three of the most important people in my life will be in that car...with a driver who can barely turn his head. I'm trying to talk him into going to staying another day, seeing a doctor, and admitting that he's no longer the younger version of himself who could carry a 100+ pound ruck sack for miles and miles up and down the hills of Georgia. I would settle for the first two, though. I even promised him that if he stays another day I will go to Best Buy with him and stay as long as he wants without complaint.

It looks like I'm going to get my way (and then some, maybe) because he just found out that our household goods are not going to be delivered until the end of next week*. Living in an empty house sans proper doggy fencing would be rather interesting but probably not a positive experience. Not that I would want to sit in an empty house alone for a week either. The good news is I will be there next Tuesday and we can sit in the empty house together. Oh, the joys of moving! Oh, the joys of having TOIAW and my puppies here with me for at least another day!

*At this point, I'll take a delay any way it comes. Well, not any way but you know what I mean.

3 comments:

AKD said...

I've been thinking of you all weekend, and hoping that all went well! I'm so glad that it was such a positive experience - I know that the McDonald is really non-invasive. I HATE the shivers from the spinal - I got them in the middle of my cerclage, and they kept going for a couple of hours. I hope your back isn't sore or anything!

316 said...

看看blog調整心情,又要來繼續工作,大家加油............................................................

瑰潼 said...

你文章很棒的~繼續分享給大家~~~~............................................................