Friday, July 16, 2010

Still Really Scared

I'm still having red/pink spotting and light/moderate cramping. Yesterday at this time I was so sick I could barely take a shower; today I'm a only slightly nauseous. I'm really scared. It's so odd because even this morning as I was driving to the clinic and chatting with my sister-in-law, I had a bad feeling that I kept trying to push away but it wouldn't go away. As we sat in the waiting room chatting with my mom, it was still there and then when I saw that I was spotting my heart just sank and I thought, "I'm not going to have a baby in Boston." The doctor's information helped to allay my fears for a little while (like while I was in the room with her) but as the cramping gets worse I'm just scared.

3 comments:

AKD said...

Oh, Rachel, I am sending you so much love and hugs. I had spotting with both pregnancies at 8 - 9 weeks, but no amount of hearing that from others or that it's okay from the doctor helps. I don't think the fear ever goes away - I'm terrified STILL, and I think we'll even be scared when they're in our arms.

You have been in my prayers daily, and you are going to be again right now. Please trust your instincts and do what YOU need to - if you have to go to the ER, go to the ER. If you need to call a nurse, call a nurse. Take care of yourself and that little baby, sweetie.

N said...

I hope you're able to find some kind of relaxation. *hugs* If it helps at all, I had spotting (red/pink) at 11w, and freaked the #$(@ out. And symptoms really came and went for me. I know not every pregnancy is the same, but I hope that can give you some reassurance.

We were in your old neighborhood today as we went for custard, and I thought of you. ♥

cowgirltn said...

I pray that the spotting stops right now and you have a smooth road ahead.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter.