Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sipping Gatorade

This morning I broke down and called the RE for something to help with the vomiting. I wasn't going to do it but yesterday it was nearly impossible for me to do anything but lay on the couch and sleep/watch tv which, emotionally, is not very healthy. My mom did everything for me yesterday and while it was nice I would like to be able to do a load of laundry or walk to the back of the house to my room without retching.

Of course, right after I called I feel better...go figure. Part of the problem is I'm hungry but afraid to eat (and nothing sounds good) and that just makes me more nauseous. It's a vicious circle!

Also, I forgot to mention the spotting when I spoke with the nurse but unless it comes back--and I REALLY hope it doesn't!--I won't mess with changing Friday's appointment. So if you need me you can be sure to find me on the couch, sipping Gatorade.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I have never had pregnancy-related nausea, but I had a pretty bad case with my travel-illness last month (which eventually resulted in a high dose of zofran). Here are the things that helped slightly: candied ginger, ginger-drinks (Whole Foods has really strong, ginger-y ones), ginger ale, saltines (something about the salt ones, don't make the mistake I did and buy-salt free ones), some teas. I'm sure google has more ideas, but my guess is that you're pretty low energy from the nausea.

AKD said...

It truly isn't weak of you at all to need to call about meds. My OB actually put me on them so that I didn't put pressure on my cervix from vomiting 20x a day (and really made me take it after the cerclage). I know how absolutely horrendous morning sickness like this can be (it's a blessing, but one of those things you can be "glad" to have). It sounds like you're talking with your doctor about them, which is the best thing you can do to make you feel better and safer.

I just hope you feel better soon!

黃怡 said...

Hello~Nice meet you~~............................................................

政翰 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

Soapchick said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Rach!