Friday, July 23, 2010

Nesting

I'm really excited about our new house. We had some drama deciding which house to choose but in the end we went with an older house even though it's smaller. The benefits are it has hardwood floors, a nice yard, and it's $950 a month cheaper than the new homes. This was worth foregoing a bigger kitchen, fiber optic cable and internet, a laundry room on the main floor, an attached garage, and hours of carpet cleaning. I might be crazy...but $950? Since I won't have to do any entertaining (I can if I want, but it's not necessary for TOIAW's job) I decided to take the money and run. I've known several people with more than one child who have lived in similar military housing and haven't gotten any money back so I think we're doing pretty well. Besides, basement laundry builds character. And muscles. And while I'm pregnant TOIAW will do all the carrying anyway.

The house is quite charming and I'm so excited to decorate it. We took very few things to the MC and even though we had beautiful furnishings, it never felt very homey. I'm ready to have my stuff -- and hopefully some new stuff to go with it -- and settle in for 17 months. This is where I once again point out that this will be the longest we have ever lived in one house. I might even make some casseroles.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm just glad that you're back in the States again.

AKD said...

Holy cow, almost a grand cheaper?? That buys a ton of diapers!! Smart choice!

宜欣宜欣 said...

哇~酷哦~推你一把~正文(・(ェ)・)............................................................

Soapchick said...

Where is this new house again? Boston? I can't remember where you're going to be living. Glad you are happy with your choice.

The Gutsy Mom said...

Smart choice! Seventeen months will seem downright dreamy, I'm sure.

謝俊柯凡豐德 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................