Sunday, July 4, 2010

It IS Always Something!

**UPDATE** Well, it looks like neither my RE or the dogs' vet are working today so I guess we're all going to just suck it up and drive on. The good news is all of us seem to be doing better which is good because I have no desire to visit the people ER (it's a teaching hospital and even though I've never been there, I've heard stories) or the pet ER that is over an hour away. I'm still planning on getting all of us to our respective doctors sooner rather than later but hopefully today will be more chill and no one will need Valium...and I'm not just talking about Bootsy.


This morning I had very slight brown mucousy discharge. I rested and about 4 hours later I had the same thing but it was pink and I think it happened again a few hours later but really every time I've had to really be paying attention to see it. I haven't totally freaked out but it's not a warm feeling either.

Also, I was really sick today vomiting several times. At my appointment Friday the doctor said she used to never give anything for nausea but after speaking to some of her OB/GYN colleagues she does give low dose something. She said it wouldn't help with the nausea but would prevent vomiting. I declined and for the most part I haven't regretted it because you know, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Tonight we went to some friends' house for dinner. It was a lot of fun. What wasn't fun was returning home to a dog (or dogs, I'm not sure) with stomach problems. Ugh. Thankfully, my mom cleaned up the mess (double thanks it was in a room without carpet). I don't know if it was just PP or if it was Bootsy too because as soon as she stepped outside she heard fireworks and refused to go back out. So Bootsy got some Valium and now I have to figure out how to get her outside. It looks like tomorrow we will be making a trip to the vet--if we can get it--because this has been going on for a couple of days.

I REALLY pray I don't have more spotting (if you can call it that) tomorrow and that we can figure out what's wrong with PP. Are things ever going to calm down and allow me to relax?

2 comments:

The Major's Wife said...

Sounds like implantation bleeding, happens at about 6 weeks. I went to the ER with my first because I had it with cramping.

AKD said...

If it makes you feel any better, sweetie, I had spotting between 6 and 9 weeks with both pregnancies. My OB explained that the placenta displaces uterine lining as it attaches more fully - if it goes up, it gets absorbed. If it comes down, you get spotting (and something like 30 - 40% of women get it). I am praying for you.

I hope you can get into a vet early - thinking of you all. What a weekend.