Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Guess That's Why I'm Not an Oddsmaker

Despite my 20% chance that all was well with the Little One, all is well with the Little One. I saw my doctor's partner and he did a thorough ultrasound where all looked normal but there still does not appear to be a source of the bleeding. He was not concerned about the amount he saw on the ultrasound wand and it has diminished in quantity so that's good.

As soon as I saw the flicker of the heartbeat--even before the doctor mentioned it--I closed my eyes and said a prayer of thanksgiving. Many more have been said since then!

So that's all I know for now. I have an appointment with the MFM on Thursday and I really hope there are no incidents before then. I'm going to go rest now because I had a rough evening and night due to extreme nausea (it's back with a vengence and I was too nervous to take my medicine) and, if I'm honest, equally extreme paranoia.

4 comments:

AKD said...

I am just so happy that your odds were wrong, Rachel - or that Little One beat the odds, however you want to look at it. :) I've been sending up prayers of thanksgiving for you, too - this baby is truly a miracle. Hugs to you.

rebecca said...

So glad that you & your precious baby are okay. Praying that the rest of your pregnancy continues smoothly & no more scares! I just came across your blog on LFCA; I too lost my daughter (after IVF) due to premature labor at 23wks into my pregnancy. I'm so sorry you know this pain as well. It gives me hope that you are pregnant again...I cannot wait for the day when I am pregnant again.
Also, a new blog that was started recently raises awareness regarding infant loss, you can check it out & if you would like submit your own story. I have found it comforting to know I am not alone...
http://facesofloss.blogspot.com/

AdventureMom said...

We're all cheering for you in the Adventure household. I know you know this, but your paranoia is normal and deserved, and so is your joy in every day of your pregnancy (nausea and all ;-) Wish I was close enough to give you a hug!

Rachel said...

Adding our prayer of thanksgiving to yours, and hoping this week is much less eventful than last week for you.