Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Well...

If you guys are still my blog friends after all that silly premature whining, you are more awesome than I thought.

So...I saw a faint but clear second line on a First Response test yesterday. [And barely a second line (if you squint and wait way past the 5 minutes it says to wait) on the internet cheapie tests I have been using.] Another, slightly darker, second line this morning! Today I have to go do some insurance stuff that I am dreading but it must be done in order to get a beta (blood test). I don't expect it to go as smoothly as I would like but I am going to go in there in the best frame of mind possible and kill 'em with kindness. And then I'm going to come home and take a nap because I'm exhausted and still suffering from jet lag and a really beautiful German Shepherd who wakes me up at 0600 with kisses.

Thank you so much for all your support! I have empirical evidence that I can drive living beings crazy because yesterday our dog Bootsy got a prescription for Valium. That is 100% true. So just be glad you don't have to live with me.

P.S. I've told my immediate family but not everyone so if you know me in real life, PLEASE do NOT mention anything to anyone or on Facebook. For right now it's a secret between you, me, and anyone in the world with an internet connection.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! Will be thinking of you all day and hoping that line gets darker and darker tomorrow and the morning after (I seem to remember that even with Sarah your hpt took a long time to show positive. Having been obsessing over metabolism rates of hcg, I've found out that different people do in fact metabolize at least triggers at different rates. Don't know if that would be the same for showing natural-hcg).

Miss Ruby said...

Wow, congrats and here's hoping the line gets darker.

x

N said...

SO SO SO glad to have this secret to keep. Thinking amazing thoughts for your trip to deal with insurance today, and for your beta! I hope the lines just keep getting darker. :D

Tracy said...

Oh, Rachel. I'm shedding a tear for you right now. I am hoping and praying, just as I hoped and prayed when I was going through THE SAME THING a couple years ago. I swear, I remember those desparate moments like it was yesterday. The angst, and hopelessness...and then....wait...what is that? Is it a second line?

Yours was the first blog I checked today, and I can't wait for more updates from you.

p.s. my word verification on blogger is "dingo." Isn't that hilarious?

AKD said...

I have just been so overjoyed for you - and I love that the line is so much darker so quickly!! I can't wait to hear what your betas are - I am just so happy for you, Rachel! :) I don't know that I can use the word "happy" many more times without sounding silly, but... so happy, happy, happy!

Peaches said...

Good luck with the insurance company. I hope all goes well so you can finally get your beta. I'm hoping for the best for you.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your beta.

justine said...

hoping that everything goes swimmingly!!!! (Heard your news on LFCA ...)