Friday, June 25, 2010

Mother's Little Helper

Today I went to get Bootsy's Valium prescription filled. I was also picking up a prescription for me so the person helping me already had my information (address, phone number). It went something like this:

Me: I would also like to get this filled. It's for my dog.

Pharmacy Worker: scrutinizing the script and the computer screen Boots? Is that a his legal name? I don't see anyone by that name on your account.

Me: laughing, to lighten the mood She's a dog. If you'll notice is says 'Boots [our last name]-CANINE' on the script.

Pharmacy Worker: Oh, has she been here before?

Me: No, she doesn't shop much and this is her first non-vet prescription.

Pharmacy Worker: Okay. What's her address?

Me: Tyring to determine if she is serious Uh, the same as mine.

Pharmacy Worker: Phone number?

Me: I can never remember her cell phone number; just use mine. Absolutely no reaction from Pharmacy Worker

Pharmacy Worker: Is she taking any other medications? Does she have any allergies?

Me: No and no. Seriously?

Pharmacy Worker: Okay, it will be ready in an hour. Thank you.

Me: Great, we'll see you then. She might want to pick-up some new magazines to chew-up this weekend.

Wow. No wonder she's never been there before.

2 comments:

AKD said...

I am laughing my butt off at this. I love how absolutely dry you were, and how she apparently was not listening to a thing you had to say... or reading the screen thoroughly... or using common sense.

This is priceless!

Soapchick said...

Okay now that is hilarious. Talk about someone who is working as a robot. I'd be scared for her to fill my script!