Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cue Hysterics

Early this morning I felt a pain/cramp on my left side not quite far enough over to be ovarian pain. It startled me and I felt it a few more times here and there but it seemed to be shooting down my pelvis/bikini line and all the way down. It was sporadic throughout the day but I noticed the more I did, the more I felt it. I tried to relax as much as possible which seemed to help but tonight it's gotten worse. I called the on-call RE and he said I should get another ultrasound on Tuesday because the one I had Thursday might have been too early to detect an ectopic and Friday is too late to wait.

So right now I can feel it--and it's pretty constant--but it feels more dull and lower, like in my vagina (I know that sounds odd but it's the best way I can describe it) and even when I press on my sides it doesn't hurt. Both my ectopics were strong, sharp pain that was unmistakable and nothing like this but every one is bound to be different. I've had no bleeding or spotting (knock on wood!) so that's good I guess.

I know that ectopic pregnancies are a risk in IVF and certainly a risk for me but I thought that when she "cleared" me of that on Thursday we were good. But if that's the case--and it very well could be--what the heck is this pain?

It's always going to be something, isn't it?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Rachel, try to continue thinking the best. I know it's hard, but I DID have pains very similar to what you're describing, and they told me it was round ligament pains. I know that you've only seen one sac, but IF there's more than one your uterus could be starting to make space already. There are a LOT of hormones at work.

Just hang in there...thinking of you. I am going to be off grid after tomorrow for a week, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers even if you don't hear from me.