Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2nd Beta

Just to keep things straight, my first beta was Friday and it was 97. If it were to double every 48 hours (which is thought to be the "ideal" but much less is still considered acceptable), today it would be 388. Mine? Was 750.

I'm thinking there was some lab error on the first one. Or something. I don't really know. I'm very happy about it and I'm also extremely tired. I can't even describe how tired I am so I won't try.

The doctor was initially concerned with my low progesterone and low-ish beta but she was eager to test them again in her lab. She did an ultrasound and thought she probably saw the beginnings of a yolk sac but said the most telling bit of information she could see today would be my hCG levels. So there you go.

I go again on Thursday morning for a repeat of everything. I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Miss Ruby said...

Congrats! Great numbers.


Rach @
#26 www.thegalwho.wordpress.com
#27 www.themissruby.blogspot.com

AKD said...

I'm not going to say the word that rhymes with "schmultiples," but...!!! That's such an awesome number, Rachel! I am so excited!

Rachel said...

Yay for a great beta number! My doctor today said that they should be able to see a sac when the HCG hits 1000-1500 (although not conclusively rule out 'new sacs' becoming more visible later).

I am so, so excited for you. And also tired. Hoping that you've found a nice place to put your feet up and rest. Have you managed to tell your poor-stuck-abroad-husband the great news?

Tracy said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I am so happy right now.

N said...

Wow. Wow wow WOW! Yeeehaw!

(and possible iffy doubling time aside, not a SCARY high number for where you're at - just right!)

Kymberli said...

Rachel, I mostly lurk here, but I read every word. I'm keeping the prayers going that everything keeps moving ahead beautifully!

建月 said...

行動養成習慣,習慣培養人格,人格影響命運..............................................................