Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's a Small World, After All

Well, I'm back in the Mystery Country. It's warm and green here and, who knew, it's actually quite lovely. It's still not where I want to be but it's a much improved version of the MC I left a few weeks ago. This is all very good because at my appointment today (just a few hours after I landed, I might add) I found out that I might have to spend an extra week here. No biggie...I can easily do an extra week for a good cause!

Despite my sad post a few days ago, I had a really great time at home with my mom and the rest of our family and close friends. The sadness is normal and it comes in waves but it's all part of the grief process and this is a process about which I know a thing or two.

Last week TOIAW had a blast from the past that brought a smile to my face. Two years ago I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with someone I dubbed the "Hello Kitty PA" after her mouse pad and other assorted office decor. I wrote about her here. It seems the good PA has once again found work with the federal government and is working at an embassy TOIAW visited last week. He wasn't feeling well and stopped by to get some medicine and she immediately recognized him and showered him with sweetheart's and honey's. I don't know if I'm more shocked that she is working there, that she recognized TOIAW, or that he emailed me a picture of th Hello Kitty poster on her office door.

2 comments:

AKD said...

I can't believe you were able to be awake enough to remember an appointment after an international flight! I hope all is on track with FET things, though? It sounds like things are moving in the right direction!

I hate that you already know grief, but it does prepare you in ways that others wouldn't be. I hope that you are able to find peace. Love to you!

The Gutsy Mom said...

You are such an inspiration to me, even in grief. Maybe especially in grief, but that sounds really weird. Anyway, Hello Kitty creeps me out when kids are into it, so whenever an adult shows an affinity for Hello Kitty, I steer clear. Why was she calling him sweetheart? Maybe this is an improvement upon her foul language of yesteryear?