Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home Again, Home Again...but where is home?

Thanks to jet lag I was wide awake at 2 a.m. TOIAW woke-up around 4 to check on me and I confided I wasn't looking forward to our appointment today because I was certain the transfer wouldn't be soon and by "soon" I was thinking next week. TOIAW explained that he understood the doctor to say our transfer would be at the end of May. This resulted in a major breakdown where tears were shed and I hate living here was uttered.

But thank goodness I wasn't surprised during the appointment when the doctor said the transfer is going to be the end of May. There were no tears and no I hate living here's were spoken. And it sure is nice to FINALLY have a plan. I asked the doctor if my uterus looks like it's getting more bloodflow but he said it looks the same "but we have to try anyway." I have no idea what that means and I may or may not be frustrated by it. I just know it is what it is and God is in control. God has a plan for TOIAW and me and while I will do what I can in order to ensure success, I'm not going to freak out about it (for now at least).

It's wonderful to be with TOIAW again! He says "America agrees with me" and thinks I look rested and relaxed and he generously offered to buy another ticket for me to go home in a couple of weeks while he is traveling again. I haven't yet decided if I will take him up on the offer. I want to go, of course, but I can't predict my cycle and it's possible I could get back too late and miss the transfer window although the doctor is sure it will occur in the "last decade" of May which I understand him to mean the last 10 days of May but I've been wrong before. And the other question is whether or not it's worth it to go home again for only 10 days? But I really don't want to be here alone...I mean I REALLY don't want to be here alone for 16 days.

Okay, I'm done with beginning sentences with conjunctions for a bit. I'll be back soon to once again bend the rules of English grammar.

P.S. Blogger's spell check refuses to work outside the U.S. Apparently America agrees with Blogger.

2 comments:

AKD said...

I'm sorry there was the confusion on the dates of the transfer, but I'm so glad that TOIAW was able to clear it up for you ahead of time and avoid an unpleasant surprise in the office. I am always praying that you have a beautiful, wonderful transfer and that it brings you the lovely baby you deserve.

I can only imagine how nice it must be to be with your wonderful husband again! Is there any chance you could travel with him when he goes later this month? Would you still be near enough to home that you could get there if your cycle changes?

JJ and Michelle Cartmill said...

Come home, come home, come home! Can you just have an opened ticket that allows you to go back to MC once your cycle starts? Am I being selfish? Maybe a little ;-) More than anything though, I want you to do what's best for your body! Love you, and either way your be back in the good ole U S of A soon enough! Give TOIWA lovin' from us! *HUGS*