Thursday, April 29, 2010

So Proud

There were over 800 people at my dad's funeral yesterday. On Tuesday night 500-600 hundred attended a student-led candle light tribute to him where students spoke about what he meant to them. People waited in line to hug and love on my mom. It was amazing...I couldn't do it justice even if I tried. I have never felt so proud.



At the risk of blowing my blog anonymity, I will share a link with you to the story that the local news broad casted last night. At one point I am speaking and TOIAW is at my side. It also shows one of my brothers speaking as well.



http://okblitz.com/videos.aspx?cid=20443

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Such a beautiful tribute. I hope you are finding comfort in your loss.

N said...

Much love and peace to you.

AKD said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I've been thinking about and praying for you so much, and was hoping that you were finding comfort. Knowing how much he meant and means in the lives of so many has to just be so very touching.

Love and hugs.

Soapchick said...

What a beautiful tribute. You are in my thoughts and prayers Rachel. I know your dad is holding Sarah and smiling down on you from heaven.

Kari said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Dad was a very inspiring and loved man. Take care!