Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Beginning of the End

I'm sitting in the Memphis airport waiting for my flight to the Mystery Country. I will be there 55 more days.

I have a doctor's appointment Saturday and if he tells me I'm still not ready for transfer I might just change my ticket and get back on a plane. I honestly haven't been thinking about it all that much but of course I'm beginning to now. I've barely even been praying it. But don't get me wrong, I still care and I'm hopeful (mostly) but I just haven't been thinking about it. I'm thinking about doing a modified fast (due to medications) this week to get myself in the right frame of mind.

It was hard to leave my parents today! My dad came home on Monday and he's doing well with Nurse Mom but I wish I were there to help her. Fortunately, the school where my parents work has been amazing and they want her to stay with him as long as he needs her...and believe me, he is plenty needy these days!

I hope all is well with all of you. I promise to get back to blog reading and commenting soon :)

4 comments:

AKD said...

I bet TOIAW can't wait to have you back home! Wow, less than two months left abroad - then back to familiar smells, foods, and languages!

I've been praying for you and your transfer, and just that it be God's will. Sending you hugs and love. Fly safe!

The Gutsy Mom said...

Godspeed, Rachel! Perhaps by the time you read this you will be back in TOYAW's arms.

AdventureMom said...

Hope travels were smooth in the volcano aftermath. I'm so glad you were able to be home for your Dad, that he's doing OK, and now you're home with TOYAW and beginning the final count-down! All my love, and belated kisses to PP.

NicolaSigel0508 said...

責人之心責己,恕己之心恕人。........................................