Friday, March 12, 2010

Odds and Ends

TOIAW comes home tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm tired of being lonely and not having anything decent to eat because I won't cook for myself. I've missed him so much I may not complain when he wants to watch sci-fi. But I'm not going to commit to anything just yet.

It looks like my dream of living in Manhattan is over before it began because most buildings don't want German Shepherds. They're loss. So now we have to decide between Brooklyn on an army base or Brooklyn in an apartment or New Jersey or a different school. And speaking of decisions, it would be nice if the final top choice school would make their admission decisions known. That way we could stress over all the information at once.

I'm continuing to take my medication while praying it's doing whatever it's supposed to be doing so that I can begin the next cycle soon. Taking medication four times a day is complicated for a forgetful perfectionist. I have a major congestion thing going on but I'm afraid to take anything because I don't know if it might interfere with my other meds. This kind of stuff seriously keeps me awake at night. Oh, and when the clinic called to check on me yesterday I mentioned that I had just finished my walk on the treadmill and the IVF coordinator told me that was not allowed. Oops. I am usually a stickler for doctor's orders but this I find one ridiculous because if I worked I would be walking to and from the subway which, given the hill involved, would probably be more strenuous than my treadmill walks because I don't use the incline feature.

I better get to sleep now because tomorrow my cooking and laundry vacation comes to an end. I'm secretly excited. I made out a menu and everything!

3 comments:

N said...

Boo not taking German Shepherds, but it's exciting to me to think about you guys back on this side of the ocean, even if I'm an anti-social hermit... ;-)

AKD said...

I'm so glad that your husband is coming home - you have to be so relieved! I know how lonely I get with my husband working an afternoon/evening shift, so I can only imagine how it must be for you! I hope you hear back from the final school soon, and that you find a wonderful place in whatever city you decide on!! I've been praying for you - hope you're feeling all better!

The Gutsy Mom said...

The Forgetful Perfectionist. My new favorite phrase. I've been moaning to the Gutsy Dad about the fact that I never remember to take my meds (only twice a day), and how weird and horrible that is, especially since I feel SOOOOOO much better when i take them regularly. He doesn't understand why I can't remember, and why I get so upset about it. Now I can tell him it's because I am a Forgetful Perfectionist. Thank you.