Monday, March 1, 2010


Today I was going to post a trip recap but instead I'm going to take a short detour and I will tell you all about Krakow tomorrow. So why the change? Well, last week I dutifully called the clinic on Cycle Day 1 so they could schedule my hysteroscopy. They told me to come in on Thursday which is okay but not ideal because TOIAW will be out of town. In any event, I had dealt with it and made arrangements. I thought it was odd, though, that I wasn't instructed to fast so I emailed the IVF coordinator about it. She emailed me back and said that my appointment Thursday is only for an ultrasound to determine if I will do the procedure this cycle or next. WHAT?!

I broke down in tears and TOIAW was a little confused until he read the email. He then called the clinic while I left the room so they wouldn't hear me sobbing. It seems they want the conditions to be "optimum" and that might not happen this cycle. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I completely appreciate this but I'm on a tight schedule more or less because we would like to have time for another cycle if this one isn't successful. I cannot proceed with the frozen embryo transfer until I have this procedure. I just want to get the heck out of the Mystery Country before TOIAW starts traveling 2-3 weeks a month. I want to be pregnant, I want to see my dogs, and I'm tired of living here because I never intended to live here this long.

That's not to say I don't want to maximize my choices but I don't intend to wait cycle after cycle waiting for everything to be perfect. I need to learn how to say "Work with me, people!" in the local language (actually, I already do know it--I just checked with TOIAW and I said it correctly!). Anyway, if you're so inclined please pray that this works...or that I'm not terribly dispappointed if it doesn't work this month.

Tomorrow we will return to our regularly scheduled programming (and commenting) because I *should* have my new power cord which means I will no longer be competing with TOIAW to use his teeny tiny laptop.

1 comment:

AKD said...

Oh, Rachel, you've got all of my hopes that they schedule everything quickly for you, and that you can progress quickly to the next transfer. I'll be thinking and praying for you!