Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Very Emotional"

That's that one doctor said to the other about me--awesome! I'll tell you the back story...before TOIAW made his contribution today, he had a tutorial on how to give an IM injection (he already know but a refresher didn't hurt). I also asked the nurse to chek my blood pressure just because I wanted to make sure it was okay. It wasn't. Not only was it not okay, it was probably the highest I had ever seen it...ACK! So then the doctor called me in and she took it again and it was still very high although not as bad. Then she called in the internist and he asked me what dosage of medication I was taking and I told him I wasn't taking any and he looked kind of surprised and asked why so I told him I was feeling fine so I stopped taking it in preparation for the transfer. He said I couldn't just stop taking the medicine and I should take half my dose (which is 1/4 of a very funky shaped pill so that's not easy) until the transfer. I reminded him that the transfer will be either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning so we worked out a plan and then he took my blood pressure again. Guess what? It was fine. Go me! If I'm not crazy now, I will be before all this is over!!! After the normal reading the internist gave my doctor an update and TOIAW said he referred to me as "very emotional." Yeah, and?

I never found out how many eggs were retrieved and they weren't even going to tell us how many fertilizd but I told them I wanted to know so the embryologist is going to call. Are you kidding me? Of course I want to know!!! They said they usually just discuss it at the transfer. Ummm, no. Also they need to call and tell us when to be there for the transfer. As I mentioned above it will be early because that's what they usually do at this clinic. It's not my first choice but I don't want them to change their usual procedure and risk having something go wrong. The biggest problem is that it makes it much more difficult to decide how many to transfer. We have an idea already but we're going to wait and see how the embryos are doing on the day of transfer.

Thanks to my wonky BP readings, we bought a home monitor. I can feel myself getting nervous the first time I use it but after that I must calm down because it lowers quite a bit between the first and second reading. Not that I'm using it every hour but I have tried it out 2-3 times.

I'm really tired right now so it's off to bed...hopefully I'll know something tomorrow. I'll try not to get "very emotional" when I find out the fertilization rate.

P.S. I wanted to thank all of you who sent me good luck emails! You made me cry because I love and miss all of you so, so much.

3 comments:

AKD said...

"Very emotional"?!? They realize what you're doing here, right? ;) This is kind of one of the most high-stress things possible! I'm sorry to hear your BP is up and down, but I think it's awesome that you've learned how to master it.

I hope they call you ASAP with the fertilization report, times for transfer, etc. You're so sweet about everything - I might have refused to leave until they promised a call. ;) (I'm a little stubborn.) Wishing you the best of luck, and high numbers! HUGS.

Soapchick said...

Praying for lots of healthy embryos! Glad your BP stabilized too.

Alena said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://ovarianpain.net