Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Sunny(er) Day

I didn't go to the clinic this morning. TOIAW is involved in a conference with and since he couldn't go with me, I decided to wait. I can't bear the thought of going alone. Also, I didn't take a test this morning because it would serve no point other than to upset me. I'm still taking most of the medications but since I'm scheduled to have a double shot of progesterone tomorrow morning I will take a test in the morning to spare myself the pain. In the absence of a blood test I have been hesitant to stop the meds because I didn't get a positive with Sarah until 15 days after egg retrieval (ovulation) and tomorrow is day 15. Which is not to say I have high hopes for tomorrow because I do not although if you want to pray for this, knock yourself out!

In any event, I'm better today. That may or may not have something to do with not beginning my day with a negative pregnancy test! I've done some laundry and light cleaning. I told TOIAW I didn't want the housekeeper to come yesterday so someone needed to do some work. I've been begging him to change her schedule to once a week and I think he's going to do that once it's confirmed that I'm not pregnant.

I'm still disappointed and very sad but I know we will be alright. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and I very much believe God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11 which is posted on the left. God has seen me through the worst days of my life and He will no doubt see me through this as well. Scripture is very clear that He will never leave me--which He has proven to me many times over--so why would I leave Him when I need Him the most?

2 comments:

AKD said...

I'm so glad today was better, Rachel. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. I'll continue to pray for you, but I just want to let you know that we'll be here no matter what!

mrsmuelly said...

Thinking of you. You are one amazingly string woman!