Friday, February 12, 2010

Stop Messing With Me

I've been moderately nauseous the past three days. This is a feeling I know well because I had extreme nausea when I was pregnant with Sarah. I didn't vomit very often because I quickly discovered it wouldn't help me to feel better (you know, like when you have the flu and you feel better for at least a little while afterwards) so I did what I could to prevent it; I think there was a Seinfeld episode about that, actually. The more I lie around like a bump on a log, the better I feel.

Of course, I know it's way too early for morning sickness so what is causing this? I've googled and googled and googled which has led me to numerous possibilites. The most likely culprit is the progesterone and my clinic is a big believer in that so I called and asked if maybe I was taking too much. When I told the IVF director what's going on she said, "Maybe you're pregnant." Dude, why are you messing with me like that? Don't you think I've thought of that? Don't you think I want it to be that? But, let's be realistic, how many people have this kind of nausea when they're 3weeks, 2 days pregnant? She was adament that it wasn't the progesterone however I'm not convinced. At least I don't have the common progesterone side effect of fatigue which is amazing considering how much I'm taking. For your information, I take 6 pills in my girly parts every day (it's not a clown car!!!), an IM shot every day, and--because I hit the progesterone jackpot--every 3rd day I get TWO shots; today was the lucky 3rd day! I'm trying not to over-analyze the symptoms I have or don't have but I can't help but notice that I've only had very mild cramping as compared to the significant cramping I had when I did my cycle that resulted in Sarah.

Time will tell but I'm ready to know NOW!

3 comments:

Soapchick said...

Well it could very exciting! Mabye both embies burrowed in and that is why you are having nausea earlier than normal! I am hoping so much for you! Hugs Rach.

AKD said...

Holy COW, that's a ton of progesterone. I just took the PIO shots for the first 12 weeks - just 1 cc/day. Now I'm doing 1 cc/week with P17 shots. Your dosage is about 7x what I was on! Do they worry a lot about uterine contractions? I hope you don't start getting the fatigue!

I would say I hope you feel better soon, but I hope it's a sign of great things. :) I agree, though - it would be nice to just have some answers. The 2ww is so rough! Thinking of you, and I can't wait for the betas...

Michele said...

Hoping for good news and that this is a sign of that!!!