Monday, February 8, 2010

Passing the Time

Or, How I Hope I Don't Lose My Mind Whilst on Bed Rest

Today is the last day of my bed rest which I have modified to be sitting on the couch rest. I know I have no room to complain because I know of a few people who are on bed rest right now and several more who endured many months of bed rest to bring their babies safely into the world. And, while the dreaded two week wait until my blood test is highly frustrating, I am sure it doesn't hold a candle to being in bed praying and fighting for your baby's life. I need a little perspective!

In order to pass the time I've spent a lot of time googling whether or not I actually need this bed rest. The material on this is riveting as you might imagine. I did decide to make dinner tonight because, well, I need a complete and healthy meal. Our housekeeper made dinner Friday but I didn't care for it. Saturday, TOIAW brought home take-out, and yesterday he made a delicious artichoke chicken dish. I was very proud of him and it was delicious. I did, however, wonder if we were going to have any vegetables and when I asked him he replied that he thought pasta was a vegetable because it's made from wheat. No, I'm not kidding and, yes, he was serious. I'm still shaking my head at that one.

I've also done some research into my insurance because I will head back to the US if/when it is confirmed that I have a continuing pregnancy. I first started by determining where I want to deliver--based on who has the best NICU, just in case--and went from there. It's actually rather confusing which frustrates me to no end.

I'm doing all of this to distract me from the slight cramping I'm experiencing. It's far too early to begin scrutinizing symptoms.

I'm off to finish dinner--it smells so good I'm salivating!

5 comments:

AKD said...

Hon, your bed rest is equally important/frustrating - you're taking care of a little one! I think that the perspective is - you're doing awesome!

I love how men's ideas of the food groups work. :) Do they have V8 Fusion over there? I've been drinking a ton of it - it's got one serving of fruit and one of vegetables in every 8 oz. glass. It might be easily transportable for you!

The Gutsy Mom said...

Laughing so hard right now. I soooo wish TOYAW's logic was correct.

Tracy said...

Sorry I haven't posted comments, but I've been keeping an eye on you and keeping you in my prayers, too.

I'm one of those that endured months of bedrest, and it IS maddening, but I wouldn't go back to the two week wait for anything. You hang in there.

Scott actually used to think popcorn is a vegetable because it's made from corn, so that made me laugh...

Soapchick said...

OMG on the pasta comment from TOIAW. Where do they come up with this stuff? Haha

mrsmuelly said...

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you. I'll be sending up some prayers for you guys :)