Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm Back...Probably

I've been in a bit of a funk lately...not excited about the donor egg cycle, not sleeping well (and after 2 weeks I really can't blame jet lag), sleeping way too late, not exercising, and just feeling rather blah. It's been terribly cold here and that certainly hasn't helped any of the aforementioned maladies. But today I'm making an effort to remedy all the above...and more!


I went to bed early last night thanks to a big day out with TOIAW. Between the frigid temperatures and trying not to die walking on the Walkways of Death (as I have named the sheets of ice that pass for sidewalks around here), I was exhausted. Add to that an appointment to check my endometrial lining and I was done. So I was wide awake early this morning and more than ready to get into a routine again. I tried like crazy to get all the laundry done before our housekeeper arrived but I wasn't able to do so. [It's better if I do it myself. I'll leave it at that.] After she arrived, I worked-out on our new treadmill which, despite my initial opposition, I've really enjoyed. I thought I had time to get a shower before it was time to put in a new load of laundry but I wasn't. I can only imagine what surprises await me whenthe cycle is finished. In between all that I enjoyed a great Bible study and baked some of these (totally delicious, by the way). I really need to go to the store and buy milk, eggs, and bell peppers but I can't bring myself to go out in the cold.


So, regarding my lack of excitement for the upcoming cycle: I'm still working on it but I had some major progress today. I'm in a much better place.


Yesterday was the anniversary of Sarah's last day on Earth. It wasn't as difficult as her birthday. I often find myself thinking I should feel "more" on days of significance when I actually feeling "a whole lot more" on random days. Such is grief.


Now that we've addressed all that, I think it's time we look at spicing up this blog. I assure you a new layout will be coming soon (the slow internet connection doesn't help that effort) and I will be posting more often with, hopefully, more interesting content. I also hope to comment more on other blogs something that, sadly, is also hampered by our less than stellar internet connection. I also have approximately 3,785 emails to return and I hope to whittle the emails in my in-box to less than 100.


Looks like I'm finally starting my new year...I'm just a little slower than most!

2 comments:

AKD said...

I'm SO glad to hear updates, and can't wait to see the new look. I am glad that yesterday was easier than Sarah's birthday, but what a hard day. Thinking of you, sweetie!

Michele said...

Thinking of you...