Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Behold...


I bought this today! I absolutely can-NOT wait until tomorrow morning when I can enjoy my Bible study and a chai tea latte. I didn't want to have any today because I'm rather sensitive to caffeine these days and, I'll be honest, I didn't have any milk and while braving the traffic in a taxi to go to the American grocery store on a compound is one thing; walking in the frigid cold to the local store was quite another. But mostly it was the caffeine thing. Although it was so cold today that in my normally too-warm aparment was cold. Oh, and beginning Friday the forecast calls for highs in the singl digits. Awesome, my chai tea lattes will come in very handy.

On a different note, I've been having horrible headaches. The doctor told me not to take any medication I would not take while pregnant but the pregnancy-approved pain reliever whose name begins with a "t" and ends with an "l" with "yleno" in the middle is, for me, a lot like taking nothing because that's the effect it has on my pain. I had a headache for 48 hours and remembered I had some of the non-relieving pain reliever in prescription strength! I'm not sure if it's pregnancy-approved but it did the trick, I am happy to say. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to feel it creeping back up on me. I'm off to bed and hoping that will help.

3 comments:

AKD said...

I hope your headaches get better. I totally understand the resistance to use the drug that rhymes with "Bylenol" - it doesn't do anything for me, either. It's almost easier to just take nothing, since it's the same effect.

I hope your sleep helps!

N said...

Mmmm, chai! Enjoy it at your Bible Study group!

As for That Drug (that doesn't do anything for me, either), my midwife said that in pregnancy, the maximum dose is 4g/day. (not all at once, obviously.) So you should be okay. *hugs* I hope it goes away soon.

marion said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://dogfurniture.info