Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Post In Which I Whine...Shocking

I haven't been able to get in touch with the IVF clinic here in the Mystery Country because every time I call, TOIAW isn't home and the girls who answer the phone all claim to not speak Enlgish. To be fair, they probably don't speak English but it's still annoying. I've had little success with the English-speaking coordinator because she never quite answers the questions I ask (this is via email but it's pretty much the same when we speak) but I prefer to get my answers from the doctor anyway. So, in absence of a real doctor's answers, I asked Dr. Google and the timeline he provided is a problem for me. I am trying not to be bitter but having my period delayed because of the ectopic pregnancy is KILLING me.

It messes up so many things like plane tickets for me (the plan is for me to leave at about 7-8 weeks) and completely conflicts with a major trip TOIAW has planned. So freaking frustrating I cannot stand it. I know it's only a month or so in the whole scheme of things but, come on, it would be nice to catch a break every now and then. It just makes me long for Sarah even more. I should be preparing for her first Christmas not working out IVF schedules.

From what I can tell, the new ideal day for cycle day 1 is Friday but I'm sure I will start before then because that's how it seems to work these days. Who am I kidding? That's how it's been for three and a half years.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Oh Rachel... I am sorry. :( Sending hugs...

AKD said...

You don't whine at all, sweetie. You're justifiably frustrated - you've had a heck of a few months.

I am sending you guys and hopes for the cycle to be on track. AND for you to get some better communication.

N said...

Agreed - not whining at all. So hoping that your body cooperates with this time line (for ONCE).