Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still Don't Know Much

This morning I went to the clinic where I had an ultrasound that showed nothing in my uterus. I suspected as much considering the very heavy period I had last week. This is how I knew it was a miscarriage and not a normal pregnancy. Also, I had horrible cramps and although I was pretty sure I was experiencing an early miscarriage, I just didn't see the point in confirming it. So much for that plan.

Bloodwork confirmed that I am pregnanct but we have to wait until tomorrow to see what my hormone levels are doing; rising is bad and will result in exploratory surgery while falling levels are good and I will most likely have my hysteroscopy Saturday as scheduled.

TOIAW made it home so he will accomany me tomorrow and we will--hopefully--have more answers. I have a lot of stories to tell about my experience but I am so tired I cannot keep my eyes open. Thank you so much for all the support, sweet comments, and especially prayers.

I will write tomorrow if I'm home...oh, how I pray I will be home tomorrow and NOT in the hospital recovering from surgery!

5 comments:

AKD said...

It's odd to say, but I'll be praying for lowering levels. Please get some rest - just know that you've got a lot of prayers coming your way. If you get time, PLEASE update us - but take care of yourself first and foremost.

So many hugs.

Rachel said...

We'll be praying for you too. I am SO glad that TOIAW made it home to be with you.

Mags said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Soapchick said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers Rachel. I'm glad TOIAW is there for you.

Michele said...

praying...