Friday, October 9, 2009

Tonight's the Night

Remember how we were supposed to go to a dinner party last week but cancelled because I was sick? That means I haven't yet had my first post-Sarah and first MC social event but tonight's the night, Ladies! It's only a happy hour shin-dig and there's a set end time which should prevent any awkward "is it okay to leave yet?" moments.

I'm a little disappointed because I had the perfect outfit but I really think it's going to be too hot to wear it. Wouldn't it be great if such things were truly my biggest concerns?

Anyway, I'm going to have to cut this short because I'm trying to think of a way to casually ask someone where they buy their meat. So far I've found chicken and pork and we don't eat pork so we've been having mostly vegetarian meals because there are only so many ways to prepare chicken with the ingredients I have found thus far (not to mention that I our household goods and therefore, kitchen supplies, have not yet arrived). Oh, that reminds me, I'm also going to ask where I can buy lettuce. I didn't realize what an exotic delicacy lettuce is. Who knew? I told TOIAW that when we go to Germany at the end of the month, I'm going to eat salad with every meal.

I promise a fun picture post this weekend. Also, in case you haven't figured it out, I am feeling much better. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement!

2 comments:

N said...

I'm SO glad you're feeling better!

AKD said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I hope you have a good time! We had a wedding last weekend - first time out since losing Maddie. It was... well, it just was. Good and bad, pretty much what we expect. I hope yours is good!