Monday, October 12, 2009

A Picture Post!

Friday TOIAW had a fun walk in a park. As you can see, the leaves are beginning to turn here in the Mystery Country. It was a gorgeous day and apparently we weren't the only ones who thought so because look at all the people in the park in the middle of the day!We ate lunch at a cute little restaraunt in the park. I just had to take a picture of these women having lunch with their dog on the table. Maybe I'm just jealous because my dogs would never be so well behaved?

I'm not trying to be rude or culturally insensitive but I really cannot understand why people walk arm-in-arm like this. Frankly, it really bugs me (which is, of course, silly because why should I care?) and it offends my American sensibilities regarding personal space. Also, I would probably fall if I were walking that close to someone else. Sure, TOIAW and I hold hands but we don't walk down the street with arms linked. I suppose it would be handy if we ever want to spontaniously bust out some square dancing moves.
And this, well this is a few lines from a famous MC folk song about when women tease men. Yeah, because it never happens the other way around does it? Men can be so dramatic!
P.S. By now you're probably figuring out the name of the MC. I'm not trying to be super secret about it, I just don't want to say it outright.





4 comments:

AKD said...

I don't get the arm-in-arm thing, either. I have a bubble. I don't want people in my bubble, as close as we may be emotionally. It's just kinda creepy.

Rachel said...

Ok, I totally guessed wrong on MC. Don't you love the heels? And should you need anything from Europe I'd be happy to send a care package - I'm guessing even just the labels are going to be a super challenge in MC, let alone finding comparable products.

Michele said...

It's funny that you dont like arm in arm walking. My husband and I walk arm in arm all the time.

What lovely pictures!

S said...

Rachel, MC is gorgeous. I read an olmstedt blog about your MC before and it was just amazing. Enjoy your stay in the beautiful city of K.