Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Every Morning

Few things amaze me as much as God's faithful love for me. As I was getting ready this morning, I listened to a song whose words ask--and I'm paraphrasing--Many people ask me how I still have faith after everything I've been through and then the lyrics answer the question saying this question amazes me because how could circumstances ever change who I am in God's eyes. I love this song. It's like my anthem because with all I have been through the ONE and ONLY consistentcy is God's love and the hope it gives me. Hope is a mighty powerful thing, Friends!

Today I went to a luncheon held by a really great women's club here in the MC. It was really lovely to chat with women. I even sat by a pregnant woman who is due four days after Sarah's due date. Her name is Sarah. We chatted about my Sarah and I didn't even cry. Later, someone at the table complimented me on my hair color and I told her that it is so special to me now because it is something I shared with my daughter. I didn't bring Sarah to the MC in my arms, but I brought her in my heart and I'm not afraid to talk about her. Before you think Sarah was all I talked about, it was a 2.5 hour lunch and I promise I didn't talk about her long but I just couldn't help but mention her when it seemed natural to do so. I am sure no one felt uncomfortable.

I can tell that even though I might not ever fall in love with the MC itself, I am going to meet--and hopefully get to know--some wonderful people here. There is not even the slightest doubt in my mind that this is where God wants me right now which is something he continues to reinforce on an almost daily basis and, I might add, in very cool ways. As I walked home, I planned dinner parties in my head--it felt so good to feel like my old self and want to do things, such as entertaining, that I have always enjoyed. I thanked God for new beginings and his mercies which we know from reading Lamentations are new every morning. This translation is from The Message:

19-21 I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness,
the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.
I remember it all—oh, how well I remember—
the feeling of hitting the bottom.
But there's one other thing I remember,
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

22-24 God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

25-27 God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.

28-30 When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself.
Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer.
Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble.
Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

3 comments:

AKD said...

This is just beautiful, Rachel. I am so very sorry that you had a bad time after this - but your words are so beautiful.

The Gutsy Mom said...

You are an amazing woman, Rachel. Thank you for sharing these inspiring thoughts with us. I can't wait to read about your dinner parties.

Soapchick said...

I'm so glad you had a lovely luncheon and are meeeting other women. MC is sounding quite lovely.