Monday, September 28, 2009

Am I the only one who does this?

I leave Wednesday for the Mystery Country. I'm nowhere near being ready to go. I don't have one thing packed, I still have clothes at the tailor, I have laundry to do, boxes to pack and ship, a few gifts to mail (and finish making), and a car to clean. I really hope to get all of this done tonight so I don't have to do anything Wednesday morning. I'm feeling tired just looking at my list! When you are preparing for a big trip do you wait until the last minute to pack and run errands or is it just me?

6 comments:

AKD said...

I used to travel a ton for work, so honestly, I got lazy - I just had a whole thingy of toiletries that were only for work. :) It makes it a heck of a lot easier because I too procrastinate like crazy.

DrSavta said...

Yes, I always pack at the last minute. Maybe it comes from being a military wife? You know that the move will happen no matter what and there's always (or at least with me there was) some ambivalence about leaving a place where you have been living your life.

Michele said...

Oh, I'm so anal that I am packed and ready to go way in advance!

Tracy said...

Nah, I'm a psycho control freak. But my husband is like you! Drives me nuts, but we always end up making it there at the same time. And you will too.

I know I haven't been commenting as much lately, but I'm still here. I just don't always have the opportunity to comment...

Safe travels.

The Gutsy Mom said...

BON VOYAGE!!! Is it strange that I feel sad that you are leaving my country and going to the MC because I felt "closer" to you for our brief stint in the same country? Not that we got to see each other, but there was the possibility! Sigh. I do look forward to reading all about your adventures in the MC.

Did you purposely change your blog background to green, or is my computer doing something weird?

And, yes, I am usually up way, way, way too late the night before traveling doing everything I should've done earlier in the week. (I'm anal of a different sort--I don't like to pack too early because I hate it if I need to use something out of my suitcase and have to unpack it.)

Love you!

Soapchick said...

Have a great trip Rachel!