Friday, August 7, 2009

Checking In

Just a quick note to say we made it to Oklahoma without any issues. We're so thankful for that! I have many emails to return but that will probably have to wait until TOIAW leaves on Sunday. We've been busy with quite a few errands but I'm sure once he leaves I'll be back to my prolific blogging which is to say I'll probably be a little bored.

We're actually getting ready to leave for my grandma's farm (aka, The Dog Shangri la; they LOVE it there) and then back tomorrow morning. First, though, I need to clean the house so my mom doesn't kick us to the curb.

Can you believe that two weeks ago today I spent the entire day crying in bed? I know a lot of you think I should be more upset than I am but, again, losing a child--a pain that never goes away--makes sucky eggs pale in comparison.

4 comments:

The Gutsy Mom said...

Hey, you're kinda near me now! ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!

mrsmuelly said...

Glad that you made it safely.
And yes, it is amazing the "new outlook" you have on life after losing a child.

Soapchick said...

Happy you got there safe and sound. I'm also glad you are feeling better. I am too.

Aimee said...

Hey!! I saw where you posted on my Ukraine Travel Blog! Here is my email: aimeeweathers1@yahoo.com