Friday, July 17, 2009

Time for Some Good News

Right? I just want some good news...is that so much to ask?

To be fair, I did get some good news at my appointment Wednesday because my follicles are growing pretty well. And by pretty well I mean I am responding better at this point than I did in my previous two cycles. I am able to [obsessively] track this because TOIAW saved my medication plan/progress chart from last year's cycle and, of course, my blog archives. I haven't decided yet if this is a good thing. For one thing, I can tell that I'm responding better to the medication this time which is obviously a good thing. On the other hand, I am on a higher dose than I have been but there were at least two other people in my injection class who are on the same dosage so I didn't feel too bad about that. One thing that is definitely good about having the old medication schedule is the doctor wasn't afraid to be aggressive from the start which may even help with some of the egg maturation issues I've had in the previous cycles. We'll see.

I have no idea why I'm so anxious today but I am. Originally I was scheduled for another ultrasound appointment today but after seeing my blood work, the nurse called and said just wait and come in Saturday. At first I simply said 'okay' and then I called back to ask why and she said everything looks good and steady so they'll save me a trip. Again, not sure how I feel about that. I think I could have used the assurance today, you know? Now I'm analyzing every twinge and feeling wondering if my ovaries are as sore as they were two days ago blah, blah, blah. Anyway, until today I was doing pretty well keeping the googling and obsessing to a minimum but today...notsomuch. I know that's not a good thing.

In other news, things seem to be going more or less okay for my Grandma and family. She's really sad but she's coping. She was so happy about how many people were at the funeral and the kind comments that were made about the service; it was so important to her to honor Papa appropriately. I know she has a long road ahead of her but hopefully we can help her not feel as lonely. More than once I have thought about how great it would be if I get pregnant and be free to spend long periods of time with her and keep her company.

2 comments:

N said...

I hope you get to do that with her. ♥

And I see where the nurse is coming from with not having you come in, but man - I'd be frustrated, too!

Soapchick said...

I am happy your follicles are doing well. You definitely need some good news. I am sorry about your grandpa and I hope your grandmother has a lot of support.