Tuesday, July 21, 2009

THURSDAY!

Thursday is the egg retrieval day. I'm equal parts anxious and excited!

This morning the doctor counted 18 follicles. I can hardly believe it. I keep thinking maybe she's measuring some follicles twice (or three times). I'm completely overwhelmed with how well this cycle has gone so far...it's so much more than I ever expected. I've really been struggling with like 'all this good news will end soon' and similar self-defeating ideas. It troubles me because it's not good for me to think that and, moreover, it's not scriptural. But, other than battling my own thoughts, things are great! Obviously I know not all of the follicles will contain mature eggs and, even among the mature eggs, not all will fertilize but my chances this cycle are better than they ever have been.

Sorry if I don't sound thrilled because I AM!!! I'm just very tired...and there's a good reason for that. Last night I mixed the various medications and put them in the syringe but when I went to hand it to TOIAW so he could shoot me up, the plunger thing fell out and so did the medication. I had another dose of one medication but not the other so we called the after-hours number and the doctor called back and said I needed to get more. It was about 8:30 when I left for my 45 minute 11 mile drive. Fortunately for the two personnel working the front desk, TOIAW did not accompany me or they might still be doing push ups. In any event, I got the meds, saw some very interesting D.C. nightlife, and made it home by 11...but then I had to wake-up at 4:45 to go back for my appointment this morning. It was a good appointment--and very worth it--but I'm feeling a little tired. The nurse just called and said my trigger shot is tonight at midnight and then more blood work tomorrow morning at 6:30. I think I need a nap!

A few other items deserving praise:

  • My grandma has already been contacted by several people who are interested in buying her farm and she hasn't even listed it on the market. This is huge considering the economy and the area where she lives.
  • PP and Bootsy had check-ups yesterday where they were both pronounced healthy. YAY! PP has had on again/off again digestive issues since The Great Campylobacter Incident of '09 which seem to resolved and Bootsy finally gained enough to reach her goal weight (no one else in the family is afflicted with such difficulties).
  • With the current schedule we're on with the retrieval, TOIAW should not have to juggle times and/or dates when he takes his big 3-day language test next week. It probably doesn't seem like a big deal but for us it's huge!

I hope you have reasons for praise today!

2 comments:

N said...

I am so thankful that things seem to be going so well! I hope you have a great retrieval tomorrow!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything looks great this cycle. Now get some sleep!