Saturday, July 11, 2009

Is there more?

My grandfather just died. As in no more than two hours ago. After surgery to remove skin cancer (a big tumor and a 10+ hour surgery to remove it, then reconstruct his face). The surgery was scheduled to begin at 11am yesterday but didn't begin until 5:30pm. According to his doctors, he did remarkably well; better than they expected. We still don't know what happened...he just died. I do. not. understand. I don't want to understand. I want him to be alive. I want to stop hurting EVERY DAY. Is there more? Dear Lord, I don't think my heart can handle any more.

I don't even think I can go to the funeral because of the IVF cycle...

7 comments:

N said...

Oh, hon. I'm so so sorry. You are in my thoughts. Let me know if you want to talk. ♥

Rachel said...

I am so sorry.

There really aren't other words. I'll be thinking of you and your family as you start the mourning process.

Soapchick said...

I am so sorry for your loss Rachel. May Sarah greet him today. You and your family are in my prayers.

Krista said...

Rachel, I am so sorry. I wish that there was something I could do or say to make it better, but I know that there is not. Know that I am praying for you and your family and love you!

Delenn said...

Coming from LAFCA. I am so sorry to hear about your sudden loss.

A Frugal Welcome... said...

I am so sorry to read of your sudden loss. Let the thought of him always being with you, help you with your grief.

xxx

Cara said...

Wow, what sudden and tragic news on top of all the stress you are having before the cycle.

Thinking of you.