Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Egg Retrieval Eve

This isn't my first [IVF] rodeo but here I sit with that nervous feeling in my stomach. Ugh. I don't want to be nervous...I just want to get it over with and hear some good news both tomorrow and Friday*. Is that so much to ask?

I really need to calm down though because I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 6 but the surgery isn't until noon. That means I have an entire six hours to freak out tomorrow so I better pace myself.

I'm going to go clean the kitchen--if my kitchen is clean, I feel my entire house is in order even when it isn't--and then go to bed. I really hope I can fall asleep but if I have trouble I think I'll just watch the president's news conference again. Maybe I'll understand him the second time? Anything is possible.

*Friday morning I will find out how many eggs fertilized. I was going to say 'if any eggs fertilized' but I restrained myself for the sake of sounding positive only I'm not really feeling all that positive and I'll always have that horrible first cycle where none of my eggs fertilized.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck. I know I haven't been commenting lately, but I HAVE been reading and am sending up lots of prayers for you.

Thanks for your recent comment.
xo

N said...

Thinking of you.

Soapchick said...

Praying for an awesome retrieval and fertilization report Rachel!!

Mrs.Preppy said...

Thinking about your family today.

And, going to bed with a clean kitchen is great!