Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Danger of Early Morning Appointments

I would really like to write an update complete with numbers and statistics...but I don't remember. TOIAW was there to take notes* and he says I had a good cluster of 10-12 follicles** around the same size. How could I forget something so important?! Probably because it was so early and once I see/hear good news, that's enough for me. I'm not sure when I became so relaxed; I'm sure it will change a time or fifty before it's all said and done. I have another appointment early tomorrow and I promise to get hard numbers for us to obsess over.

*An interesting caveat to the WRAMC IVF program is that you are required to bring a chaperon to all ultrasound appointments and, in addition to their chaperoning duties, they are also act as the 'transcriber' noting the sizes of the follicles, endometrium lining, and anything else the doctor wants notated. Not surprisingly, TOIAW takes his job very seriously.

**My last cycle I had 9 follicles (...and only 3 were mature but whose counting...)

1 comment:

Soapchick said...

Yeah for 10-12 follicles...we thinks! ha ha. Interesting twist about the chaperone/transcriber duties.