Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Step Away From the Computer

Why, oh why do I torture myself with Dr. Google? I have an appointment a week from tomorrow to get the results of the hormone testing. I'm already nervous...'cause that will surely help. Ugh. I'm usually not like this, but lately I find myself being jealous of other people's pregnancies. Not because they are pregnant but because the majority of the rest of the world has normal pregnancies.

We've made so many plans for our next pregnancy and we're still so far from it actually happening much less having it be successful (sorry, I guess I'm feeling negative after my consultation with Dr. G). So, yeah, my current obsession is what will my hormone levels be and what will this mean for my chances of getting into the cheaper [military] program and/or having a successful IVF cycle. I need to stop. I need to relax. I need to go back to that place I was when I was blessed with indescribable peace about all of this. What happened?! Yeah, I don't know either.

I have SO MUCH to share but, alas, I am going to follow my own advice and step away for now. I need to do some homework even though my teacher told TOIAW she's "taking it easy on me." I'm going into class tomorrow fully prepared!

3 comments:

Krista said...

How did the big race go? I ran in one on 4/25 as well and thought and prayed for you throughout. I hope the doctors appointment goes well but mostly that you will once again feel at peace with everything. Love you!

The Gutsy Mom said...

I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIG RACE. I am so proud of you. Also, I just noticed that KS and OK are RIGHT NEXT to each other. (Obviously, I am not smarter than a fifth grader.) I sense some road-tripping in my future...

Rachel said...

I can't believe they make you want that long for test results - I would go crazy. Good luck distracting yourself until then, and I am hoping the results will let you into the military program.