Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Call to Prayer

My parents forwarded this email to me yesterday. Please join me in praying for Kaylee and her family.

Dear Family and Friends,

Our family received devastating news this weekend. Kay's middle daughter, Lori, took her three year old daughter, Kaylee, to the doctor Friday afternoon with a 103 temperature. While there the doctor discovered a mass in her stomach and sent her directly to the hospital for a scan and from there they sent her immediately to Children's Hospital. A tumor the size of a grapefruit was found in her left kidney. This is a soft cell tumor (I'm sorry I cannot remember the medical name) and is a very fast moving tumor. Yesterday after viewing her other scans, the oncologist told us the cancer is also in her lungs, spleen, and all over her stomach. It is a Stage 4. She will be having surgery tomorrow to remove the kidney and from there very aggressive chemo and radiation. Lori is completely numb and not quite able to process everything at this point plus worrying about Caden who will be turning 2 on the 21st of this month. Needless to say, we need a miracle. I am hoping each of you will be praying for our little Kaylee and asking any prayer groups you might have to do the same.

As most of you know, our family has always been very interwined in each other's lives and we are realizing now what a blessing it is to have the support of each other. However, we will definitely all need the strength only Jesus can give us right now so all prayers will be greatly appreciate. Let me just say thank you in advance and how much I value each of you being a part of my life.

3 comments:

Soapchick said...

Oh wow, that is so tough. I will be praying for them non-stop.

Rachel - how are you doing?

mlg- believe-n-miracles said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

mrsmuelly said...

Oh goodness. My prayers are with them.