Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Closure For Everyone!

Today I received a second phone call from the patient advocate at the hospital. She really wants us to know that the neonatologists are willing and even eager to meet with us should we have any questions. We don't because we know Sarah died from sepsis and I think everyone knows how serious sepsis is in anyone not to mention a week-old baby who was born at 24 weeks gestation. I mean, what could we possibly ask them? Well, we have a little over a week to think of something because TOIAW decided to meet with them after the patient advocate told him she thinks the doctors need closure also. Even though I don't see what we will gain from this meeting, I do look forward to seeing them again because they were so amazing with Sarah and us. If we asked to speak to a doctor, we never waited more than five minutes and that would have been a long wait. It's surely to be an emotional meeting--which is one of the reasons I didn't want to do it--but hopefully we'll all gain a little closure. Details sure to follow...

In more pleasant news, a dear friend of mine is flying in tomorrow. She's taking off three days of work to come hang out with me; I'm blessed to have amazing friends! I'm so not where I need to be in terms of cleaning (I could really use the cleaning helpers today) but I'm getting there. Cleaning and organizing is very therapeutic. I don't have a lot planned but we are going here to whip up a few meals. My trainer brought me a meal she made there and it was really good. So, I had TOIAW pick out a few dishes that sounded good to him and I booked a session. This will be very helpful for when I go back to class two weeks from today. Anyway, while my friend is here, I also hope to see this and get a massage and pedicure. No big plans, but relaxing and fun. If I'm really lucky maybe she'll help me reorganize my kitchen because, as you might recall, when we moved in I was super sick and TOIAW put the kitchen together and it's not very efficient.

Okay, I've got to get back to cleaning! If I don't vacuum soon, we're going to be wading in dog hair.

4 comments:

The Major's Wife said...

I love let's dish, use it a lot, the chili, flank steak and pinto burgers are my favorites this month. I use the alexandria one.

The Major's Wife said...

I usually do 8 meals and split them which means I need space for about 16 ziplock bags in my freezer. I have a fridge with a normal size freezer on top and try to leave it about 1/3 empty for the bags. You'll have to move stuff around to make it all fit . A half full freezer works even better. It will take about 2 hours. I don't rush, I like to enjoy a little coffee and a snack (they provide them) and not rush. It might be faster for you if you have a friend to help. It also depends on how crowded it is. Have fun, enjoy the spa stuff as well.

JES said...

How Fun! I can't wait to hear how the Let's Dish goes. Something I'll look forward to once we're back in the land of stuff:) The movie also looks great. Can't wait to hear about it all....hugs!

Tracy said...

Hope you have fun with your friend, and post about that movie...I so want to see it!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I know things have been incredibly difficult for you lately - and you would give anything to be where I am right now. So the fact that you took the time to make a comment means a lot to me.

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.