Friday, January 9, 2009

The Song That Never Ends

Did you ever sing that song at camp? It's been in my head recently because I have the cold that never ends. Three weeks and counting...rock on. Every time I cough, the muscles between my ribs burn, however, it no longer hurts to breathe so I have that going for me...and, um, I also have another issue when I cough but I won't go into details other than to say that, after pregnancy, I am fully prepared to deal with any and all bodily fluids.

I've done only the bare essentials this week and my house certainly looks like it. It's going to take me hours to de-clutter enough for the maids to do their thing next week. It looks like the weather this weekend is going to be just right for hanging around the house because it's supposed to be cold and rainy again. Perhaps I'll find time to blog about TOIAW's annual family New Year's adventure. At least it will bring back warmer memories of Florida. Speaking of which, let me give you some advice: If you find out you're pregnant in August but decide not to buy any warm-weather maternity clothes because you won't need them until the cooler months pause for a moment to consider any travel plans you might have. I can assure you that even in December, Disney World is not so much fun if you're wearing jeans.

2 comments:

The Major's Wife said...

there is nothing worse than being hot at disney while prego!!

My maid comes on Wed, hope my house is ready for her, I have so much putting away to do as well, maybe I should just throw it all out instead. I'm so over all the stuff.

Vicki said...

All our prayers and thoughts of strength and blessing are coming your way. This little one has surmounted some amazing odds already. A heart of steel and a will to match. Keep us posted and take good care.