Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deja Vu

It's 6:50am and for the past hour I've been asking Dr. Google if there are any "new" safe cold medications for use during pregnancy but it doesn't readily appear that there is the case. Darn. I was really hoping someone had conducted a drug study or trial in the past six weeks. TOIAW feels very badly about passing along his cold but he did remind me that he was able to get over his in relatively quickly so I should as well. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was able to take medicine to mask his symptoms and speed his healing. Oh well, it's a small price to pay.

I'm definitely staying home from school today but will go to my OB appointment this afternoon. I also need to accomplish a few last minute errands and pack the car. Well, I won't actually pack the car I will just make a pile of the things we're taking and TOIAW will pack the car. Once I loaded the car with something like two small suitcases and he looked at me said, "Rachel, don't you know anything about combat loading?" Ummm, no sir, I do not. I must have missed that day at basic training for wives. Shall I drop and give you twenty? Needless to say, I won't be loading anything other than myself for this trip. I should probably also do some laundry today but if it doesn't get done (translation: if Laundry Boy doesn't do it), I'll bring home dirty laundry just like the good ol' days.

After our appointment yesterday, I promised TOIAW we would run errands and that's just what we did. I'm the proud owner of a new ID with a horrible picture. We then walked over to the office where they handle pay issues--we're still having them--and I was able to see the total lack of concern TOIAW has been dealing with for the past few months. It was a small office and a little crowded so I left when things started getting louder. He was assured all issues will addressed in the next two weeks. It will be like winning the lottery.

Ahhh, our appointment! It was so fun to see her--and know she's a her--moving around. The doctor was fabulous and explained everything she was looking for and measuring. I didn't even consider that Flippy would have any major problems so the relief I felt after finding out she is healthy (you know, as much as they can tell at this point) was surprisingly overwhelming. Happy tears were shed many times yesterday!

I'm off to rest and drink more hot liquids while telling myself it's just as good as Nyquil.

2 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I hope you feel better soon! My dac gave me a list of approved meds - Tylenol Cold products, sudafed products, as well as Robitussen. (sp?) Maybe one of these will help.

Vicki said...

Hey I can send you some rockin German stuff when I get back. Not good for this cold but in the event that it ever happens again it is totally safe to take during pregnancy. Hope the Netti Pot worked cause it seems really cool.